Welcome to the Alliance Chat: where no topic has gone before!
In this podcast, we’re chatting about… TODAY’S SPECIAL GUEST:
Matthew Parker is an attorney licensed in Colorado (CO Bar Number 46914) and a creative writer. He’s joining us to clear the air of the many misconceptions regarding copyright law.
WHAT IS COPYRIGHT?
– Choosing to exercise copyright
– When a creator has copyright on a work
– How to strengthen your copyright
– Can you register a copyright for a webcomic?
– What is public domain and the time limits to copyright?
– Is cosplay copyright infringement?
FAIR USE AND PARODY
– What does Fair Use mean and apply to?
– Transformation of a copyright work
– Legalities of generic knock-offs
– What parody includes
– Where does a mash-up fall in the eyes of the law?
MORE ABOUT MATTHEW PARKER
– Mathew’s online webfiction Border KS (www.border-ks.com)
– Nonfiction writing on www.DishonorOnYourCow.com
– Email for copyright questions: email@example.com