Many people have asked me how I create Zorphbert and Fred. Well, it’s been along winding process over the years, and I am alway one to embrace the latest fad in technology (must be that gene passed down from my mom and grandfather). Currently, I am 100% digital, from sketch to finish. But it didn’t start out that way. You can read though an overview I wrote HERE, to get an idea of the full evolution. In this series I plan to take you through my evolution step by step, from fountain pens to my Tablet PC. No matter where you are in the spectrum of digitally creating comics, these tutorials may be able to help you find a process that works for you!
Episide #1: Photoshop 101
- Scanning basics
- Resolution, format, color modes
- Selecting the lineart and removing the white space
- adding colors/grays onto layer behind the lineart
- adding text to the balloons
- some pitfalls/benefits of Photoshop