Solving Webcomic Issues We All Face.
This podcast we discuss:
Antoine: Comic Format: Are the Standard “Comic Book” and “Newspaper” Formats getting too old? Where is it written that a comic book needs 22-24 pages. Is there really a need anymore to follow the format defined by Marvel, DC?
Drezz: Selling your comic: I am looking for advice on setting up an online store to sell the PDF collections of my comic, but I’m not 100% sure HOW to. Any suggestions?
Byron: eReader formats. Which one should we use? iPad or Android? Is there a standard? Or is good old PDF fine?
Tyler: “I wise man once said, you’ll be the same person a year from now as you are today, except for the books you read and the people you meet. I’d love it if the Alliance could recommend one book I should read, and one person I should meet or learn about, that will help me improve as a creative entrepreneur.”
Links from this Podcast:
- eShop Plugin for WordPress – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/eshop/
- Add on for digital – http://pulleyapp.com/
- ComixTribe Store (example) http://comixtribe.storenvy.com/
- The “Not 99 Cents” Method – http://www.massivesqwertz.com/the-not-99-method-the-diy-ibookstore-alternative-for-indie-books-comics
Byron uses WP estore:
- EPUB format on Wikipedia (listing In-Design as an editor):
- “The Little Black Book of Connections” by Jeffrey Gitomer
- Thoughts on Graphic.ly – http://www.comixtribe.com/2012/04/08/to-graphic-ly-or-not-to-graphic-ly-that-is-the-question/
- Interview with Graphic.ly CEO – http://www.comixtribe.com/2012/04/16/talking-graphic-ly-with-micah-baldwin/
- Books: Gary Vaynerchuk: “Crush It! Why Now is the Time to Cash in on your Passion.” http://garyvaynerchuk.com/post/107300929
- Barry Siskind: Powerful Exhibit Marketing http://www.siskindtraining.com/product_books.php
- Interesting Links / People to Watch:
- Mark Waid – http://markwaid.com/
- Ryan Woodward – http://www.bottom-of-the-ninth.com/
- Kelly Carlin: @kelly_carlin and http://www.kellycarlin.com/
- Guerrilla Markeint in 30 days at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guerrilla-Marketing-Days-Conrad-Levinson/dp/1932531297
Have an issue? Let us know! Fill out the form below with your issue or question and we’ll add it to a future podcast!
Comments or questions are welcome.